Sunday, June 22, 2008

Project Completed

My mother's mother was a great seamstress.
My mother was a great seamstress. (I say "was" because she hasn't glanced in the direction of a sewing machine in 10 years ;)
One might think I could sew. Or at least possess the talent to sew.

Sooo . . . a sweet friend of mine who is very artistic and talented has agreed to teach me to sew. We've been at it since the beginning of May, and I finally completed my first project.

I'm not a good completer. I start many a-things. I finish very few.
*My honeymoon scrapbook - not completed.
*Our scrapbook of fabulous vacations before children - not completed.
*My son's first year baby book - not completed.
*Home projects - started, not finished.
*Every women's bible study (except Daniel) - started with great enthusiasm, not completed.

So now I can add an accomplishment in the "Completed" column. John Grisham novels, Daniel Bible study, college, and now . . . a hand-embroidered slip dress for my daughter.

I'm attaching pictures. I completed the dress on Thursday night and she wore the dress to celebrate her 9 month birthday on Friday. Wow, Maddie is 9 months already! Crazy.




Now since I come from 2+ generations of pianists and musicians on both sides of my family, I should be able to play the piano also. Something to tackle later in life.

1 comment:

barefeetbilly said...

Excellent work! Just enough decorative binding and hand embroidery. Classic and comfortable.