Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sad Day

This has been a sad couple of days. Something has happened to my baby.
Monday was her last bottle.
No hiccups moving to the sippy cup. Or going off formula.
Tuesday she started WALKING!
Hello! Please, someone, tell her she's growing too fast! This is ridiculous.
She has the rest of her life to walk and be a big girl.

So, ignoring ME and my sadness, what a big milestone.

When I picked her up out of the Y nursery today, they said, "She's walking! She's walking everywhere!". I told them I was not nearly as excited about it as they obviously were. Then my sweet girl did something that warmed my heart.
She saw me, her face lit up with excitement, and then . . . she crawled to the door.

I just don't understand why this is going so fast.
Maddie, "Yesterday"

Maddie, "Today"

I was laying next to William this afternoon as he was sleeping soundly, and I thought back to what seems like yesterday when I was rocking him and looking into that same face. But now he's so big. His feet and his hands look gigantic next to Madelyn's.
William, "Yesterday"
William, "Today"

Ughh, I'm going to cry.

Each stage is so wonderful, but each stage means they are a little closer to being . . . dare I say, a teenager.

No comments: