Saturday, May 26, 2012

This place is CRAZY Big

Hubby and I are at the Florida Homeschool convention in Orlando.  (Oh, our 10th wedding anniversary is this weekend, too.)  The convention is at the Gaylord Palms - a hotel I've not been to previously.

I am in shock!!!!  The number of Florida homeschool families is mind boggling.  I had NO idea there were this many homeschoolers - and quite a few look normal.  Again, shock!!!

The sessions have been very informative - actually, inspiring.

Brad and I have split up - he's going to the sessions focused on the legal issues behind homeschooling and why families need to educate their children on US history.  I'm going to the sessions focused on how to educate your children at home.

The EXPO hall with all the curriculum vendors has to be 20,000 square feet.  No joke.  Quite overwhelming.  I'm glad I've come with an idea of the curriculum I want to purchase.  Otherwise, I'd fall at the threshold of the EXPO hall - end up in the fetal position, crying, sucking my thumb.

I've been advised prior to coming to this convention to take up the motto, "Don't overbuy."  Yea - cause I NEVER do that.

This is truly a wonderful experience.

Picture of me and my mister relaxing at the pool after 2 very long days at "Convention" . . .
Tomorrow - Happy Tenth Wedding Anniversary!!!!!!!

No comments: