Friday, April 18, 2008

Blink

I blinked.

What happened? Where did the time go?

My little boy is now telling me where to stand when we're kicking the ball back and forth.
He tries to negotiate and bargain with me to get his way. I'll tell him the plan for the morning is to take a bath, then he can watch TV. He'll respond, "Mom, here's the plan. First we watch TV, then we'll take a bath."
When my dad picks him up to go to dinner, my dad will say - Hey, let's go to Chick-fil-a. William responds with, "No. No. No. I wanna go to Macaroni Grill!" (Where do you think they end up?)
He has full conversations with my parents or Brad on the phone. Often communicating, in no uncertain terms, that they need to return home NOW.

He takes breaks in the bathroom to "catch up" on reading.


This morning he and my dad went to McD for breakfast. My dad said that when they got inside, W shot off into a different direction than he. W apparently hollered over his shoulder, "You get the dinner, I'll get the table." Think he's heard that one before.

No comments: